photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Friday, February 10, 2012

Don't Use the Costco Self Checkout if You are Buying Booze


Take it from me, I learned the hard way.  At my local Costco, I find that using the self-checkout lanes to be faster than waiting in line.  (It could be false perception since I am busy the entire time and not just standing around waiting my turn, but I don't mind the false perception.) 

Prior to 2012, you could buy anything in the self-checkout line, including wine, beer, liquor, etc.  BOOZE!  You could buy booze in the self-checkout line.  But on my last trip to Costco, I was really bummed after scanning a majority of my items when I got to my wine bottles that were carefully placed in the child's seat area of the shopping cart.  That's when the self-checkout clerk told me I had to purchase any alcohol from a cashier at a non-self-checkout line.  (Disclosure: it was after he said this to me that I read the note that was posted on the self-checkout line.) 

Boo! And I was in a hurry to pick up the kids from school so I couldn't wait in another line again.  So I had to leave my precious wine at the store. 

So this is your warning.  I know I will never make that mistake again!

Image from Costco.com

1 comment:

Chef Jeff said...

You must live in California, they just passed a law prohibiting alcohol sales at SCO.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...