Here is a checklist they asked kids to review with their parents:
- I KNOW my full name, home address & phone number, and parent's name and work phone number.
- I KNOW what an emergency is and how to dial 9-1-1.
- I KNOW that the "buddy system" should be used when I am not at home.
- I KNOW which adults I can trust, if I need help, and where I can find them (even in public places)
- I KNOW that a person should never touch me or ask me to touch them in private places
- I KNOW to stay away from cars and people who offer me money, gifts or candy, and anyone who asks me for help.
- I KNOW to be alert and aware of my surroundings and to scream and run if anyone tries to grab or follow me.
- I KNOW to never open the door without an adult present.
In fact, I have employed a system that a girlfriend from high school used in order to remember
You can visit 911forkids.com for more information and tips on how to prepare your children for emergencies.