photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Advice for Expecting Moms

In honor of a few friends who are ready to pop, and due any day now, I wanted to pass on some advice that I would have loved to know right before taking that trip to the hospital. I will pass on this advice over the next few days, so as to not overwhelm you!

Having said that, my first piece of advice is for the delivery room. If you are having a c-section, this advice doesn't apply to you. However, if you are pushing your little peanut out, then here are a couple of things you might like to know.
When I was pushing my first child out, a nurse in the delivery room told me to push like I was doing a sit-up.

It was amazing the difference that advice made. For starters, with my first sit-up push, I actually saw the lump of my son's body move downward. Secondly, many women are afraid of having a bowel movement while in the delivery room. And some women think that you are supposed to push like you are trying to have a bowel movement. Hmm, if you push like you are having a bowel movement, then you might just have a bowel movement.

Trust me, doing a sit-up is the way to avoid these worries. And I don't mean to brag, but with my son I pushed for about 20 minutes and about 15 minutes with my daughter. Doing the sit-up is worth the try, isn't it?

(P.S. I know the image above is not of a pregnant women doing a sit-up, but hey, do you know many pregnant women who would let someone take a photo of them doing a sit-up??? Didn't think so!)
Image courtesy of FitFAQs.co.uk

2 comments:

nanny said...

good info....I will pass this along to my soon to deliver daughter!!!!

jiji said...

There is a period in Shakespeare's life of some Gucci Joy seven years (1585 to 1592) from which we have absolutely no primary source replica rolex watches materials about him. We do know that in November of 1582, at the age of eighteen, he married Anne Hathaway (a woman eight years his senior), and that she gave rolex replica watches birth to a daughter, Susanna, six months later. Two years after that, the Shakespeares swiss watch had twins: Hamnet and Judith. Hamnet, Shakespeare's only son, would die at the age of watch replicas eleven. Speculation has it that Shakespeare was not happy in his marriage, and that this may have played a role in his decision to move replica rolex Submariner to London's theater scene. In fact, during the late 1580s and early 1590s, Shakespeare traveled back and forth between London and Stratford-on-Avon, but by this time, the momentum of Shakespeare's life was toward his rolex submariner career and away from family, hearth, and home. Although we lack hard facts, we may surmise that before he took up a career as a playwright, Shakespeare engaged in a variety of occupations, probably working with his father in commercial trades (leathers and grains), probably working as a law clerk, and possibly serving as a soldier or sailor for an England replica watches threatened by Spain. Shakespeare displays a command of the argot and the practices of many such crafts, as in his fake rolex watch portrayal of the law profession in trial scenes of The Merchant of Venice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...