photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

You Don't Always Have to Buy It!

I sometimes (okay, a lot of the time) have buyer's remorse because I realize I really don't need that item, and should perhaps be spending the money in my kids' college funds rather than my whim. So I was very intrigued when I read in Self Magazine a nice little tip that can help prevent you from making impulse buys.

According to Judgment and Decision Making, holding an item for 30 seconds makes a person willing to pay 38 percent more for it. So the key would be to either let someone else hold the item or tell the sales person you will come back after pondering.

Now I have to just have to put this idea into practice!

Pictured above: Quantumm by Steve Madden - my latest impulse purchase!

1 comment:

jiji said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...