photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Sunday, May 31, 2009

UP Movie Review

I had the pleasure of taking my four year old son to see UP on it's opening day. He has been waiting to see this movie for quite some time (a.k.a. Disney and Pixar have been promoting the you know what out of it), and was thrilled to go see it. Usually Daddy gets to take him to the movies while I stay home with my 18-month old, so it was fun for me to sit next to him and watch how excited he gets and how he laughs out loud at the funny parts.
Now, on to the movie. In typical Pixar style, the movie is not only made for kids, but also made for adults. I was actually shocked by some of the adult themes that luckily breezed right over my son's head (ex. aging, inability to have children). I actually started tearing up in the first 15 minutes of the movie. So for my son, those first 15 minutes were a little slow, but by the middle of the movie, he was thoroughly entertained by the funny happenings and hi jinks.
Of course, this entire weekend, when people have asked my son if he liked the movie, he responded, "No, it was too scary. The bad guy tried to light his house on fire." So even though I can tell you that he enjoyed the movie while sitting there, he will tell you a different story. Four year olds!!! It will be interesting to see what he says a week from now about UP.

The characters in this movie are very charming and likable. While Russell, the Wilderness Explorer, initially adds comic relief to the movie, Kevin, the female bird, and DUG, the dense dog who is shunned by his peers, bring out all new levels of laughter.

So, from this mom's perspective, I think it is totally worth it to take your kids to see this movie because you will like it as much as they do.
Image courtesy of Pixar.com

2 comments:

Brooke B. said...

Glad to hear that you liked it. I am excited to take my little one to see the movie this weekend.

jiji said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...