photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Target to Now Price Match Amazon



You are reading correctly! Target announced that they are adding Amazon.com to their list of Price Match guarantee competitors.

According to the Target website, this is their Price Match Guarantee:

"If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price. Price match may be requested at Guest Services prior to your purchase with proof of current lower price or by bringing in your original Target store receipt and proof of the current lower price."

What I find hilarious about this announcement is that I heard about it literally right after I was at Amazon.com looking up prices on Nalgene water bottles that I saw in-store at Target on Monday!

I didn't think it could be possible for me to love or spend more time at Target, but it looks like they have found a way!

As a result of this great price match news, I have now downloaded the free Amazon apps to my iPhone one is actually a bar scanning price comparing tool) so that my tool belt is set and ready for my next trip to Target...today!
 
One thing to keep in mind about Target's price match program is that you do not get the competitor's price at the register.  You do have to go to Guest Services, which may mean waiting in another line and then waiting for the Guest Services representative to look up the price in their system. However, it does seem like they have altered the policy a bit so that you can verify the competitor price prior to purchasing. 

As I mentioned back in August, going through the price match guarantee process/hassle may not be worth it for only a $1-2 savings.  But if you can save $10 or  possibly $50 on a bigger ticket item, then standing in line is definitely worth the wait!

I love how this is going to, hopefully, enhance my Target shopping experience!

Happy Shopping!

Posted by Leslie 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...