photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Mommy's Best Ally: The Elf on the Shelf


If you haven't purchased an Elf on the Shelf by now for your kids, I must tell you that you are missing the boat.  I have seen many of the cute, silly, and sometimes inappropriate things Elfs on the Shelf can be found doing.  However, this mom loves how her Elf on the Shelf motivates the kids.


When our elf arrived back at our house, he wrote a letter for the kids letting them know how well-behaved they were last year and how he hopes they will behave the same way this year.  He also told them how he wished he could go to school and how he loves math.  This was especially timely since my son kept saying how he didn't want to go to school.  After reading this letter from our Elf, Ralphie, my son then wrote back a letter to him asking him if he knows any good math problems and he even told him a joke,  It was very sweet.  Definitely something we are going to save. 

A few days later, after having piano lessons, Ralphie told our kids how much he loved hearing them play the piano and how he wished they played more.  To my amazement, the kids went over and started playing a song for him.  They don't ever want to play a song for me, but when they heard our Elf wanted a song, they were very excited.


Bottom line, our Elf on a Shelf does add an extra excitement everyday leading up to Christmas and it is fun for the kids to have a friend from the North Pole!

Posted by Leslie

2 comments:

funfavorites said...

I have a friend who has the elf assign chores! I love all the fun things you can do with it!

Unknown said...

I love that idea! Definitely need our elf to do that next year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...