photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Make Returning From Maternity Leave As Easy As Possible


For many new moms, returning back to work can be one of the toughest things she does.  I can recall returning to work after having my first child and crying my entire first day back on the job.  My boss continued to ask me if I was okay and sure if I could do it.  I was able to work through the tears, and slowly but surely, it became easier to be away from the baby.

Just last week, a friend gave me a brilliant idea for all of those moms returning back to work at the end of maternity leave.  Instead of returning on a Monday, return back to work on a Thursday.  That way, you don't have 5 days in a row to stress and agonize about.  Instead, you just have to get through 2 days of the work week, and then it is the weekend again for you to be back with baby.  2 days sounds so much more do-able than 5, doesn't it?

I suppose this is why many schools start on a Wednesday...so you can ease back into a routine. 

For more tips on transitioning back to work after maternity leave, check out these suggestions from Redbook.

Posted by Leslie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...