photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Jack-O-Lantern Brownies



Is it me, or does it seem like there is a resurgence of fun and yummy treats now that Halloween is quickly approaching?

With such wonderful inspiration out there, I decided to try a Halloween spin on brownies.  Jack-O-Lantern Brownies to be exact.


I only needed 4 things:
  1. 1 box of brownie mix (Let's keep it real, people. Betty Crocker or Pillsbury can make just as good of a brownie as I could attempt to from scratch. But if you would prefer to make brownies from scratch, more power to you!)
  2. 13x9 baking dish/pan
  3. Pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter
  4. Reese's Mini Pieces baking candies



    After following the mixing and baking instructions on the brownie box, I let the brownies cool and then placed them in the fridge for at least an hour.  Once the brownies were firm, I used my cookie cutter, which was coated on both sides in Pam spray, to stamp out pumpkin shape brownies.  For the finishing touch, I added the Reese's Mini Pieces as the eyes, nose and mouth on each Jack-o-Lantern. 


    This is a fun and easy way to "Halloween-up" your brownies.  You could even make these for Thanksgiving, just forgo the jack-o-lantern face and maybe used the candies to make the horizontal line/seam details of the pumpkin. 

    3 comments:

    The Mrs. said...

    So cute!!! Have to try it!

    Victoria said...

    Yummy! I'll need to make these Liz! Thank you for sharing!

    Love, Torrie and Joe

    Unknown said...

    Yes, definitely try them! They are almost too yummy!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...