photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Our 6-Year Old's First Career Aspiration Declaration

After picking my 6-year old son up from school today, we had a cute little discussion about his future:

He said, "Mommy, I want to go to my school when I get older."

I said, "Well, when you get to a certain age, you do have to move on to middle school and then high school."

He said, "No, no, Mom. I want to work at my school when I grow up."

I said, "Ah, so you want to work at Washington Elementary [fictitious school name] when you get older.  Do you want to be a teacher?'

He said, "Um, yeah.  Because we only have one boy teacher at our school and I think there needs to be more boy teachers."

I said as my heart melted, "Well, that sounds like a great idea to me!"

Oh, how their sweet little minds work!

Image from LifeintheNHS

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...