photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Monday, October 3, 2011

A New Camera - Yikes!


We finally bit the bullet and bought a Digital SLR (Single Lens Reflex - had to Google it) camera, or as I like to call it, a fancy camera!  My point and shoot has always worked well, but these days, with gymnastics performances and action-packed soccer games, we can't quite zoom in far enough or just get blurry pictures of our kids running around.  Plus this camera takes video in HD, so it really is an all-in-one piece of awesomeness for us!


I will admit I am a little intimidated by all the buttons on my Nikon D3100 (from Costco, the store I really need to stop going to every two weeks.  It is shocking how they just keep getting in new stuff I like!).  I suppose I need to read the instruction manual, but I am dreading it.   I just want it to work magically for me.  Is that too much to ask?  Since we did buy the camera from Costco, it did come in a nice bundle with 2 instructional videos. I should probably watch those to get up to speed.

(BTW, they are offering a $150 discount on this camera bundle right now at Costco.com and in store, so if you have been thinking about buying this camera, do it now before they jack up the price for the holidays.)

I would love to hear your tips or suggestions on how to take fantastic photos with an SLR camera.  I suppose it doesn't need to be as scary as I am making it out to be. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...