photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pure Barre: "If You're Shaking Then You are Shaping!"


In my first Pure Barre class, I did a lot of shaking! (Fatigued muscle shaking that actually seemed more like convulsions or spasms.) But If shaking causes shaping, then I am really excited to see what I shape into!

If you aren't familiar with Pure Barre, it is kind of like a ballet/Pilates combo class. It is hard core! I do a lot of walking, sometimes get to use the elliptical trainer, and run every blue moon, but none of that prepared me for the Pure Barre workout. But according the technique description, "Each strength section of the workout is followed by a stretching section in order to create long, lean muscle without bulk." Long, lean muscle without bulk sounds pretty good to me!
At first I was really embarrassed by the shaking. And when I say shaking, I mean holding or squeezing your legs (for example) in a position that brings you to a point of muscle fatigue where your muscle feels like it is starting to freak out, and just shakes. Luckily, as I started looking around the room, I noticed everyone else was shaking. And then the instructor through in the whole "shaking is shaping" line. Who knows, that could be equivalent to telling a bride rain on her wedding day is good luck. But I ran with it and tried to embrace the shaking as much as possible.

I am two days post class and still a little sore. But if shaking is shaping, I am definitely willing to give it another try!

If you feel like giving it a try, go for it! I am not sure if all locations do this, but the location that I went to offered a 1st class free for new clients. It's worth a shot to find out if it is right for you!

Images from PureBarre.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...