photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Monday, July 19, 2010

Swimming Lessons Drama...Again?!?

Isn't it funny how time really does help you forget painful situations in life. Everyone has a different time threshold when it comes to forgetting and 2 years was certainly ample time for me to forget the drama of a first swimming lesson.

My 2-1/2 year old daughter has been swimming with floaties like a champion and absolutely loves the water. And today she was super excited to have her first swimming lesson - private I might add. She had no other children to compete with for attention and received an entire 30 minutes of instruction. Well, 30 minutes of instruction when she wasn't screaming for me and telling her instructor, "You're not nice, Laura!"

When I heard the crying, it reminded me of my son's first lessons when he would scream for me to come and get him. It wasn't until I would completely leave the pool area that he would calm down and get down to the business at hand. I suppose "out of sight, out of mind" really worked for him.

For a grueling 30 minutes, I watched her scream and swim, at times even swimming under the water. She did pretty well considering all the crying, and as soon as the lesson was over and she was handed back to me, the crying immediately stopped. Once we got out of the pool, she said her swimming lesson was fun. (Really? I couldn't tell that you were having fun from all that screaming!?!) According to my daughter, she is excited for her lesson on Monday, too.

Oh boy, I can't wait for Monday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...