photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Only on Cable

I will admit that I am up way past my "bed time" right now, but I was floored by the commercial I just saw on the E! channel while watching a repeat of Chelsea Lately.

I have heard about and read in magazines about a website called AshleyMadison.com which is basically a social networking site for people who want to cheat on their significant others. For all of us married people, it's a really great concept...in bizzare-o land!

While I understand that sites like these exist, I was flabbergasted to see the website actually promote itself with a TV commercial. The word "infidelity" actually appeared on the screen during the commercial! While E! is probably my favorite cable network, come on, do they have no shame?!? I know it's cable and everything, but maybe they can have just a little bit of integrity and ethics.

And there is my rant for the week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is shocking! What a gross website!

Unknown said...

I too saw the same commercial one night. The next morning I emailed the station that aired it, they claimed not to be the ones responsible for the commercials. Needless to say if that commercial airs on a station i like to watch it gets axed. I will not sit by and let them ruin marriages for sport. I also heard in all seriousness that they wanted Tiger Woods to endorse them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...