photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cinco De Mayo Guacamole - Make it Last as Long as You Can

I love making (and eating) guacamole and chips. But I hate how quickly guacamole can turn into that yucky dark color.
In honor of Cinco De Mayo, I am going to pass on a tip to you that has allowed me to keep guacamole for days in my fridge without it turning that yucky dark green/grey/brown color.
Plastic wrap. But you can't just place the plastic wrap over the top of the bowl. You have to place the plastic wrap on top of the guacamole so that you get all of the air out. The air is what makes the guacamole change into that gross color. Just press the plastic wrap on the guacamole until you don't have any air bubbles whatsoever. I also found that if I then apply another layer of plastic wrap around the top of the bowl, it makes it last even longer.
I have found this trick really works when you are throwing a party and want to have the guacamole prepared ahead of time.
Happy Cinco De Mayo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Tip! That looks so yummy. Have fun celebrating, Liz

nanny said...

Great tip...thanks....wish I had some to experiment with/ha

Jen @ ourfinehouse said...

YES!!!! The first time I did this, it was by accident. And now, it's the only way I store guacamole. A great tip for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...