photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Floral Arrangement Experiment

On Thursday's Oprah show (yes, I do catch Oprah every now and again while I am laying on the couch eating Bon Bons as a stay-at home mom...yeah right!) she talked to various people living out their dream jobs, including the "rock 'n' roll florist," John Leatham.
I have seen similar designs to his at a few hotels and decided to use some roses from my own garden to create my own mini floral design. I just cut the roses, removed the leaves, and tied them all together with a rubber band. I must say, I am very proud of myself for trying something new because there is nothing better than looking at beautiful flowers!

Oh, and I love his idea of sending bouquets without vases (we are talking bridal bouquets) as gifts. That way we can all pretend it is our wedding day again (if only my wedding dress wasn't sealed in a box!).

Husbands, please take note!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...