photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hip Hip Hooray! The Kids Got Their Flu Shots Today!

We went to the pediatrician's office today for my daughter's 2-year well check. I was a bit nervous for the appointment because my daughter has cried every time at the doctor's office as soon as we get in an exam room. So yesterday I prepped the kids by telling them they were going to see their doctor and that if they were nice to her they would get a Dum Dum lollipop.

Shockingly, my daughter didn't cry once while the doctor examined her. (Evidently, she really wanted that Dum dum lollipop!) I gave her the lollipop as she laid down to received her 3 shots, and I nearly passed out when she didn't make a single peep. She just laid there staring at her lollipop.

But my surprises weren't over. It was then my son's turn to receive his seasonal flu and H1N1 flu shots. My son hasn't cried from shots since he was under a year old. And he has always been so tough, but today, the shots were tough on him. It was probably because he graduated up to the big kid shots in his arms.

But needless to say, both kids got their seasonal flu and H1N1 flu shots. Yay!

1 comment:

nanny said...

Great feeling to have those flu shots overwith and be protected!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...