photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Advice #8 for Expecting Moms

This week's advice is all about you as Mommy. Yes, it is okay to think about you, too.

"The best advice I can offer, since I just had my second is let people help you. Take their offer, you don't have to be a "hero" and its ok to want to accept help. You are still a mom and need time for yourself. I was always afraid to leave him and take an afternoon for myself. It is important to take care of yourself because you are the one taking care of baby."

Thank you, Preppy Mama, for these wise words! And if you are having a tough time leaving your baby for even the shortest bit of time, take baby steps. Get out of the house by yourself for a short activity like a pedicure. Not only will your mind appreciate the break, your feet and back will enjoy the rest as well.
Image courtesy of MarieClaire.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...