photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hubby's High School Reunion- Not as Bad as I Thought

This past weekend was my husband's 20-year high school reunion. I have known about this day for quite some time because my husband was on the planning committee. Yes, he is a big dork like that (although, he claims it is the responsibility of a class officer to plan the reunion, and since he was his senior class Vice President, he was obligated.)

Of course, my husband volunteered to the do the slide show for the event. And not because he knows how to put together a fun slide show...because I know how to put together a fun slide show. Being the perfectionist that I am, I couldn't just throw this slide show together. I spent at least 20 hours working on the 9-minute masterpiece. And while I complained the entire time I was putting it together (because it's my style), it actually made my night a lot more fun, trying to recognize the faces I put in the slide show.

Here are a few reasons I found it fun to attend my husband's reunion:
  • I didn't have to talk to anyone I didn't want to talk to
  • I didn't have any preconceived ideas or memories about anyone so I could really talk to anyone I wanted to
  • No one at the reunion had memories or preconceived notions about me
  • I met my husband's high school girlfriend and she was very nice (and the interaction wasn't awkward at all!)
  • I could walk up to anyone at the reunion and ask if they were "so and so" in the slide show and explain I was asking that because I was the one who put the slide show together
  • My husband graduated with Janet Evans (Olympic Gold Medal swimmer) and I got a chance to talk to her...she is such a nice person and my brush with a celebrity for the evening!
  • I am 6 years younger than my husband's class...(that is probably my favorite!)

I have my own 10-year college reunion coming up and I thought it would be easier to not bring my hubby because I would just have to babysit him. And, of course, part of me wants to impress everyone I went to school with. After attending his reunion, I realized that my hubby would be the best way I could impress any past classmates.

If you have a reunion coming up, I highly recommend you go. It's fun to see the people from your past. Below you will find the slide show I made. I am proud, I can't help it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great slideshow!

Kim O. said...

You look pretty:)

Unknown said...

Thanks Kim O. It's amazing how nice it is to get ready without two little ones tugging on you every two seconds!

Madeline said...

So what program did you use to put it together? It looks awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...