photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Day Thank You Note

While I look forward to the idea of be "honored" and perhaps being pampered on Mother's Day, I feel like I also have the great fortune of being able to reflect on how lucky I am to be a mom.


Now, I will be the first to admit that I have a tendency of pointing out the negative before pointing out the positive, but I have caught myself in a rare moment, and I thought it should be documented.


Yes, my kids are draining, but I wouldn't have it any other way. People always tell you that when you have kids you will love them more than you ever thought possible. And while that makes sense, I didn't understand it until I had both my kids. I am fortunate enough to stay home with my little munchkins - something I don't thank my husband nearly enough for.


Being a mom for over 4 years now, I realize one of the coolest and unexpected blessings of being a mom is the relationship family members have made with our kids. I am so lucky to have loving parents that are willing to travel nearly 400 miles at the drop of a hat to visit their grandkids. My parents and in-laws are always there for us to take care of our kids when we need their help. We are lucky enough to go on vacations and getaways because they are willing to hang out with their grandkids. And how cool is it that my kids hang out with their grandparents?!? That is yet another blessing I am thankful for.


Just this week, I was paid probably the best compliment I could ever receive. Well, I should say, "we received" since it was sent to me and my husband. In a thank you card from my brother-in-law, he commented, "we have done a great job raising two beautiful children." Obviously, with our kids being just 4 and 1-1/2, they are no where near being raised, but it feels wonderful to know that we are doing a good job that others can appreciate.

Lastly, I am thankful for the person who made me want to become a mom...my husband. Don't get me wrong, I always thought growing up I would have kids, but my husband made me want to be a mom so that I could see him as a dad and raise our kids together. Sappy I know, but true none the less.

Now that I have that off my chest...on to the pampering!

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

jiji said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...