photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Toy Story's Midway Mania - My First Retraction!

Last year I commented on Disney's California Adventure's newest ride, Toy Story's Midway Mania. (When it first opened, they only referred to it as Toy Story Mania, but now they call it Midway Mania...not sure why.) I wasn't very impressed with the ride because it broke down a few times while we waited in line, and after passing by 7 line attendants who said nothing, it wasn't until we got on the ride that I was told my daughter (only 6 months at the time) could not sit on my lap, but had to sit next to me and hold herself up...yeah, like that's going to happen. So needless to say, my experience wasn't great.

But, I have been on Midway Mania several times since then and do have to retract my initial dissatisfaction in the ride. First of all, they seemed to have worked out the kinks so the line isn't as slow moving. Secondly, it is now okay for a baby to sit on your lap, which makes it much easier for a mom to enjoy the ride. (The whole worrying about my 6-month-old's head snapping back and forth on the hard seat back wasn't fun for me at all.) And lastly, for a competitive person, it is really exciting to try to rack up as many points as possible.

So, to Disney, I am sorry for my harsh initial reaction of Toy Story Midway Mania. If you are going to visit California Adventure, you should try this ride...if you can survive the wait!
Image courtesy Disneyland.com

1 comment:

Gift Baskets said...

I have to try this ride. We had season passes for Disneyland but they expired right before this ride opened. Bummer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...