Thursday, March 26, 2009

Check Me Out in the NY Times

I like attention. So here is my attempt to get a little.

Awhile back, I wrote about RealAge.com. Just last week, I was contacted by a NY Times writer who saw my post. She asked to interview me about RealAge.com and I willingly agreed.

Click here to check out the story.

My quote is at the end of the article. I will admit I do not remember saying this quote - especially the "clueless" part. And after reading it, I began having great empathy for those that are interviewed on a regular basis (ie. celebrities, athletes, politicians). No wonder they all have publicists!

Oh yeah, this story appeared on page A1 in today's New York edition.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie! It's Debbie! I am so impressed :-)

nanny said...

Wow!!! You never know who is reading your blog!!! Impressive!!

Houses, Couches and Babies said...

That is very true, Nanny, you never know who is reading...which is kind of scary, too! I would like to also add that I was a bit misinformed by the author of the article. She told me that RealAge.com was selling data but not names and contact info. However, in the story, she indicated that a particular sales person was contacting RealAge.com members, and I don't agree with selling personal information at all!

oharakim said...

That's crazy, Les! How fun that you were in the NY Times!:)

Joggermom Strollers said...

Hi Leslie, I now know why we get along so well. I was in sales as well. We both are type "A" personalities! So..how did you score? I did not see that in the article. Congrats...always nice to see your name in print!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...