photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Olympic Exhaustion

I am so tired from the Olympics you would think I was an athlete participating in them. Nope, I am just an avid watcher who hasn't been able to fall asleep before midnight the past week and a half. (And by the way, I have only watched four events - gymnastics, swimming, beach volleyball, and track & field.)

And what is with NBC prime time coverage lasting past midnight each night? They even had what they considered a comical segment on complaints they have received about how late their coverage is running explaining that people should drink more coffee in the morning or just call in sick.
I am so tired all I can remember or think about is Michael Phelps winning 8 gold medals, gymnastics having a screwy tie breaker and scoring system, Michael Phelps, Dara Torres competing in her fifth Olympic Games (and she skipped 2 in between), and oh yeah, Michael Phelps.

So, the Olympics...exhaustion...it's all I've got for you today!
Photo courtesy of NBC.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...