photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Monday, July 15, 2013

First Visit from the Tooth Fairy



It almost saddens me that my youngest has already lost her first tooth! Yes, she's already 5-1/2 and it is time for her to start losing teeth, but that still doesn't make it any easier. 


She had a shark tooth coming in behind her baby tooth, so the dentist told us we should definitely start wiggling the baby tooth so that the permanent tooth could move forward properly. So we wiggled and wiggled. I got a tap on the shoulder at 4am from my daughter letting me know her tooth fell out while she was sleeping. What luck she woke up when it fell out and she didn't swallow it!


She wondered if we should put her tooth under her pillow right then and there, but explained everyone would want to see her tooth before she left it for the tooth fairy. 

We put her tooth under her pillow and the tooth fairy brought her $3!!! And that is exactly what she woke me up at 6:30am to tell me. 

With an eight year old, the tooth fairy has been visiting us for a few years now and we have learned a thing or two.  

But here is my big question: how much does your tooth fairy exchange for a tooth?

Posted by Leslie

1 comment:

funfavorites said...

This is a big topic between my mom friends. They said at school it can sometimes be a big competition and with Pinterest it is even harder to keep up. Some fairies leave special notes and fairy dust. Mine are still too young, but I know some houses where teeth go for $50, and $20 in others. I think $5 and under is great. When I was little the tooth fairy would sometimes bring a special gift (not a toy, but a keepsake) instead of cash.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...