photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Monday, January 7, 2013

I've Never Been So Excited for a Monday


Let me first start off by saying that I love my children more than anything.  But last night I found myself dancing around the house with excitement after they went to bed.

Why, you ask!?!

They go back to school tomorrow!

A two week winter break is fabulous and all, but this mom is ready to finally do holiday returns, run errands and exercise sans kids.  As I type those words, I feel kind of pathetic that doing those silly activities alone is so exciting.  But I suppose that is what my life has come to...and I am okay with it!

I do realize, especially after the tragedy in Newtown, that some parents would love just one more minute with their child and/or dread going back to school tomorrow.  Part of me is a little fearful to send my kids to school tomorrow and I will certainly miss them while they are there. But I can't let the fear win...

And come on, how often are you actually excited for a Monday morning?!?!  I am going with it!

Posted by Leslie 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...