photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Preparing for a Getaway WITHOUT the Kids


This past weekend I accompanied my husband on a business trip to Napa. I only went along for one day/night, but I realized that this was the first business trip that I've been on with him in 4 years and also the first time we've been away from the twins together for a night - ever!

Wow, does time fly when you're not looking. The grandparents all pitched in to watch the girls. They basically all know the schedule so I really didn't have to leave many directions. My mom did, however, request a medical release. I don't know why I had never thought about this. I always leave all our cell numbers and medical information on our fridge, but I never put together a medical release.


It only takes a few minutes. From now only I'll keep it handy on the fridge along with the important numbers. Here's what you need to create your own medical release:

  • Your name
  • The name of your child or children
  • The name of the babysitter
  • A statement that grants permission to the babysitter to seek medical care for your child or children along with any qualifying details
  • Contact information where you can be reached
  • Insurance information:
  • Name of insurer
  • Policy number
  • Copy of insurance card (both sides), if applicable
  • A list of the child's or children's medications
  • A list of the child's or children's allergies
  • Any other pertinent medical information, such as diseases or recurring illnesses
  • Name and contact information of the child's or children's primary physician

  • With that, you can breathe a little easier escaping the hustle and bustle of parenthood, and maybe actually relax!

    Posted by Liz

    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...