photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Monday, October 15, 2012

Candy Corn Cupcakes


I saw these on Pinterest and just had to try making them...yummy Candy Corn Cupcakes!  These cupcakes are perfect for Halloween or even just Fall entertaining.


I am not a big candy corn flavor fan (but I love the color combo), so I made the cupcakes with white cake mix and gave them the candy corn garnish on top. 





Items needed to make these cupcakes:
  • White cupcake liners
  • White or vanilla cake mix
  • yellow and orange food coloring
  • white frosting
  • candy corns

While I did use a Betty Crocker box of white cake for the cupcakes (half of the cake mix got yellow food coloring, the other half received orange), I chose to make the butter cream frosting from scratch.  {Click here for cupcake and butter cream frosting from scratch recipes.} I find that it holds up much better (ie. doesn't melt or get runny) than ready to use frosting tubs.


 Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...