photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Super Cute DIY T-Shirts for Your Little Pumpkins



I love any chance to dress my girls up, especially if there is a photo opportunity involved.  This week we were excited about the seasonal opening of our local pumpkin farm. We've already been once this week wearing pumpkin tutus and on a last minute whim we decided to go again. Late the night before, I was searching their closet for something to wear. I came up with jeans and white t-shirt. I ran to Michaels, after putting the girls to bed, trying to find something cute to iron on the tees. Everything iron-on wasn't cutesy enough for my little ones so I browsed around the store looking for other options.


I picked up some great scrapbooking stickers that looked like patches that I thought would work, and then ran through the dollar section and found the perfect rhinestone stickers. For $1.50 it was just the right size and just enough sparkle to show up in pictures. I put them on the shirts the morning of and they lasted all day at the farm. Now I'll use the stickers in their scrapbook. I can't wait to go back and pick up the other shapes and styles they have. I plan on putting the adorable red apple sticker on the same shirt for our trip to Apple Hill. What a great and inexpensive way to DIY your own holiday tees.

{I purchased the t-shirt on sale from Old Navy for $5. My mom picked up a similar version at Wal-Mart for $3 and Kohl's currently has solid tees for Halloween. Check out our Facebook page for the 25% off friends and family coupon for Michaels.}


Posted by Liz

2 comments:

Karyn said...

What a great idea! How useful to use stickers so that you can change the shirt when needed! Love it!

Charlotte said...

Absolutely adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...