A couple of weeks ago, I couldn't help but notice a McDonald's commercial on TV promoting their newest version of the Happy Meal. Instead of having to make the choice between apple slices or french fries, your children get both! Fantastic! With one less choice, there is one less thing I need to worry about.
So last week, before our family photo shoot, we promised the kids we could go to the restaurant of their choice if they were cooperated during the shoot. Naturally, McDonald's was their first choice. And I was excited to see this new Happy Meal in person.
Sure enough, we arrived to McDonald's and both kids were begging for a Happy Meal. The new Happy Meal has the cutest serving of fries now. More importantly, it is a serving size (1.1 oz) that is appropriate for kids. The apple slices are a small portion as well, but hey, maybe showing our kids the idea of smaller portions rather than "super-sizing" is a good thing.
Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying that this change has made it okay for a child to eat this new Happy Meal everyday. But this update to the Happy Meal is a step in the right direction. The one thing the Happy Meal is still missing for me is the green vegetable. But that is hard for anyone to agree on, so I always have my kids eat broccoli or green beans before they can get a Happy Meal. Some may say I am mean. I say I am a mom!
Would you like to try the new Happy Meal, too?
It's Giveaway time!!! (Insert Oprah's favorite things audience screams!)
(1) Lucky winner will receive a $20 Arch card to use at any McDonald's location!
To enter, please leave a separate comment for each entry option:
- Comment and tell me your name and location - 1 Entry
- Subscribe to Houses, Couches and Babies email updates (and leave a comment telling me you did!)- 1 Entry
- Follow Houses, Couches and Babies via Networked Blogs (and leave a comment)- 1 Entry
- Like Houses, Couches and Babies on Facebook (and leave a comment)- 1 Entry
- Follow @HousesCouches on Twitter (and leave a comment)- 1 Entry
- Tweet "Enter to win a #$20 Arch Card for @McDonalds on @HousesCouches! http://fb.me/16w6io1Jz" (and leave a comment)- 1 Entry
The winner will be selected at random and posted on Houses, Couches and Babies (blog, Facebook, and Twitter) shortly after the giveaway ends, so please check back to see if you are a winner!