photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Printer Ink Just Got Easier


Maybe it is just me, but I am very frustrated by the billions of sizes and shapes of printer cartridges out there. Every time I update my printer, the ink from my old one is never compatible (even if it the same brand...HP).

While I was in Target today looking for a new printer cartridge to buy, the sales person told me that Costco is now refilling used cartridges. (Target execs, please don't get mad at her!)

So when I searched about this refill program, wouldn't you know it, it does exist!

All you have to do is bring your used ink cartridge into the 1-Hour Photo Center at Costco. Then while you shop, their high-tech system cleans, refills and test your cartridge. After an hour, your cartridge is ready for pick up.

Now that I have two cartridges, while one is in the printer, I will get the other refilled at Costco so that I won't run out. I can continue to reuse the same two cartridges over and over.

Oh, and the kicker...refilling ink at Costco costs either $7.99 or $9.99. With either price, that is much cheaper than you would pay for a new cartridge. Plus you are helping reduce all the waste that is produced by empty ink cartridges just thrown in the trash.

Talk about going green while saving some green!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...