photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Nick Jr. Boost

Try Nick Jr. Boost FREE for 7 Days

My 5-year old son is becoming obsessed with video games and the computer! Ahhh! He has already uploaded so many free apps to my iPad, I hardly know what do with myself (which is why I revert to playing Angry Birds - an app he had to have on the iPad!) And some of these games are getting out of control, and I really need to figure out how to rein him in.

Last week, I was thrilled to hear about a new website specifically targeting his age - Nick Jr. Boost. It's all of his favorite Nick Jr. characters, but with more academically challenging games to play than the games on NickJr.com.

He happened to walk in while I was checking out Nick Jr. Boost, and the first words that came out of his mouth were, "I want to do Nick Jr. Boost!"

He has been "playing games" at Nick Jr. Boost since Sunday, and I have been really impressed with the results. First of all, it gives you, the parent, specific information about what subjects your child has been working on while playing on the computer - math, science, art, computer skills, etc. It also tells you how long they have been playing so that you can keep track of how long your child is actually playing on the computer. (We have all been there...15 minutes without a timer set can easily turn into 30 or 45 minutes if you get busy.)

He really likes the site because he is able to pick cyber toys for doing well at games. He is also able to print out certificates of completion, which especially made him feel proud. (As you can see in the picture.)
If your child is in preschool, kindergarten, or 1st grade, I highly recommend using the 7-day free trial to check out Nick Jr. Boost. Yes, the downside of the site is that it requires a paid subscription. But if you choose to fore go the free trial and lock into an annual subscription, it is only $4.95 a month. It's also a great family value: One Nick Jr. Boost subscription can be used for up to 6 children! You, as the parent, buy the subscription and you can add up to 6 kids on our account. It's refreshing that they aren't trying to sock it to you for each child.

I am telling you, if you child likes the computer and Nick Jr. characters (Kai Lan, Diego, Dora, Backyardigans and Moose A. Moose), they are going to love Nick Jr. Boost!

Try out the 7 day free trial and let me know what you think. I'd love to hear if your kids love it, too!

1 comment:

The Futon Shop San Jose said...

Oh this is a great website. I can not tell you how many times I have seen kids come into my store so zoned out from playing psp or nintendo DS, and Pokemon. I think it is great..I am going to refer this Nick Jr, Boost to all the mommies I know. thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...