photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Friday, June 11, 2010

"Victim!!!"

This evening, as we were driving home from baseball practice (yes, I am subjecting myself to another summer of baseball. My son says he wants to go, but seems bored the entire time!), my son decided that we should race Daddy, a.k.a. the hubby, on the way home.

Naturally, while obeying all traffic laws, I was able to beat Daddy home. As we pulled into the driveway, my son yelled, "Victim!"

What?

And then he yelled it again, "Victim!"

I asked my son what victim means. He said it is when you win something or beat someone.

Ah ha. "I think the word you are looking for is victory," I told my son. He insisted for a couple of minutes that victim was the right word, but I finally wore him down after careful explanation.

Kids say the darnedest things!

Happy Friday!

Image from Pedalmag.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...