photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Skillet Cleaning in Seconds

This evening, I stepped out of the box from my usual dinner ideas...I made carne asada tacos! Yes, they were yummy. But when I looked at the skillet I cooked the carne asada in, I was scared. My husband even noted that it would take hours to get that skillet clean.

Then I decided to try a little experiment. I filled the skillet with about 1/4 of inch deep water and put the skillet back on the stove. I turned the burner to low and let it sit for about 120 seconds (I could have said 2 minutes but then my skillet cleaning wouldn't be in seconds!). Then I used a spatula to move around the water and gently loosen the caked on gunk from the carne asada. Once it all seemed to be removed, I then poured the murky water down the drain.

Low and behold, the pan was clean. I didn't even apply soap! Of course, I then cleaned the pan with a sponge and soap. It took such little time and no strenuous dish washing. And I love to finding ways to save time and energy!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's cool! Thanks for sharing! I will definitely try that sometime!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...