photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Thursday, September 24, 2009

MacKenzie Phillips - What a Coincidence

Do you ever notice that when you mention something one day, you hear about it again the next day?

On Tuesday, when the hubby and I were flying out of LAX (Los Angeles International Airport), we passed by a group of three women puffin' heaters (aka smoking) at 7:30am at the curb where they had been dropped off. It was already a somewhat warm morning in LA, so they especially stood out because one woman was wearing jeans, tall boots and looked like she was dressed for mid-winter in Chicago. Later, we saw this group of women in the security line and noticed the one in tall boots looked incredibly familiar. It was Mackenzie Phillips, you know, from One Day at a Time. I had a tough time getting my husband to remember who she was, but finally it came to him.

As a starstruck person, I was excited to have my star sighting for the day at LAX. So that was Tuesday. When I turned on the computer yesterday, Wednesday, she was all over the news for her new memoir and the big news about her 10 year "affair" with her own father. I really don't think "affair" is the appropriate word for a sexual relationship between a father and daughter, but that is what media outlets are referring to it as, and apparently what she refers to it as. Of course, on Wednesday she appeared on Oprah to promote her book and talked all about it.

So there is my coincidence of the week. If I talk about Justin Timberlake and Cabo, will he soon appear in Cabo singing "Senorita?" I sure hope so!!!!

Image courtesy of Oprah.com

2 comments:

nanny said...

LOL ... good luck finding JT...

The Mrs. said...

I was blown away by the whole admission. Wasn;t sure what to think until another daughter in the Mamas and Papas group said it was true. Please find JT so I can kiss him. Don't tell hubby.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...