photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Chelsea Lately Experience



That's right, people! I just went to my first Chelsea Lately taping this afternoon and I am hopeful in saying that it won't be my last. What...an amazing show.

I will admit that I was a little bummed that Heather McDonald was not one the round table guests, but Chris Franjola, Candis Cayne and Ross Matthews helped Chelsea put together a very funny show. (Above I have included the opening monologue for the taping we attended.)

And if you listen closely tonight, you will hear my laugh. I laughed before everyone else on a joke, and according to my husband and friends, my laugh stood out. Of course, that would mean a lot more if you knew my laugh, but that is neither here nor there.

I was also a big geek and brought a copy of her book Are you there, Vodka? It's me, Chelsea. She was gracious enough to sign it. Here's what she wrote, "Leslie! Suck it! Chelsea Handler."

And I must give Ms. Handler props...she is a tiny little thing. TV really is the devil when it comes to adding weight. (Thank goodness I am not on TV!)

Oh, and did I mention when we pulled into the parking lot for the taping we saw Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David filming something involving a Porsche? Yes, I am the star struck kind.

Be sure to catch my favorite show, Chelsea Lately, at 11pm on E!.

P.S. I have included below my favorite sketch to date.

3 comments:

Dancinghotdogs said...

Don't you love live shows. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Lauren said...

i just registered online and it says just to bring the online ticket...does this mean im in the audience for sure or i should show up and hope to get in?

Unknown said...

Lauren, if you have a ticket, then you have a ticket. At least that is how my experience worked. Just make sure you get there early to make sure you get a good seat. Have a great time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...