photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Friday, October 10, 2008

NKOTB Concert: AMAZING!!!

As I mentioned on Wednesday, I went to the NKOTB concert at Staples Center with my girlfriends. We actually started the night at The Palm restaurant a couple of blocks from Staples Center for appetizers and drinks. Thank you Joe, the bartender for the free shots, and thanks to all the girls in the restroom who sang "Hangin' Tough."

Then we were off to the concert.

OMG!!! I have never had a better time at a concert...ever!!! Natasha Beddingfield was a great opening act, who we then said hi to during the brief intermission before New Kids came out while she was walking on the main lobby floor.

NKOTB then came out and performed for nearly 2-1/2 hours! Talk about getting your money's worth! And I will be honest, I wasn't expecting much after hearing them on The View. (They sounded horrible!) But after a few sound checks I suppose the worked out all the kinks because they sounded great! It was so much fun to sing all of those songs again.

This may sound weird, but it was so much more of a fun concert to attend now as an adult rather than as a teenage girl. Unlike when I was a teenager, I had no wishes and dreams to finally meet Joe and fall madly in love. Instead, I just appreciated that they all are still around (aka didn't OD on drugs) and are still great performers.

Another amazing aspect of the concert...everyone was standing the entire show. Last October I went to the Justin Timberlake concert at Staples Center as well, and it was a great show. But no offense JT, it was not as good as this concert, and the fans weren't nearly as into the JT concert as the fans were into NKOTB. It was a trip to look around the arena and see that from the very front row to the last row in the nose bleed section, everyone was standing and dancing. And the arm waving for "Hangin' Tough"...INSANE!



And yes, the guys looked good. Aging has done them well. Jordan was very impressively ripped during his open shirt/wind blowing solo performance of "Baby I believe in you."

So, if NKOTB are coming to your town and you are thinking about going, stop thinking. You have to go! It is worth every penny!
(Coverage of LA concert above courtesy of E! News)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...