photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Monday, September 8, 2008

I Agree with Perez Hilton?!?!

MTV held their annual Video Music Awards last night, and let's just say, it was so riveting that I watched up until the season premiere of Entourage started at 10pm.

The performances were okay, and Britney Spears won 3 awards. In all seriousness, I am a fan of hers and was glad that she won. But come on, like that wasn't planned?!?! With the entertainment world revolving around the "Britney economy," they (the media) now have to try and help her make a big comeback so that everyone can make more money off her. I mean, if she faded off into obscurity, no one would be able to make thousands of dollars off one photo. And besides, the media can't tear her down until she is built back up again. (Now I know why my Criticism of Mass Media professor in college was so bitter!)

But then there was the host Russell Brand. Who??? I know he is from the U.K. but still have no idea what he does - other than annoy me. And I am so glad that MTV made sure that he was very impartial when he made his preference clear for the presidential election. (Sarcasm, sarcasm, sarcasm.)

But here is where I agree with Perez Hilton. He mentioned in an after show interview (yes, I pathetically watched it) that he didn't like how Brand kept bagging on the Jonas Brothers for wearing promise rings that signified their virginity. I agree with Perez, you can't bag on them for having good values and trying to lead a healthy life. And as a mom, I have to applaud them for making these values public. Hopefully, all of Brand's bashing will have a reverse psychology effect on the Jonas Brothers and their fans. For all that is good and holy, they aren't even 18!!!

Photo courtesy of MTV.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...