photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Potty Training Help

My husband and I have been pulling out our hair lately. Why you ask? Potty training!!

My son went "pee pee on the potty" for the first time nearly a year and a half ago, and we don't feel like we are any closer to having him potty trained.

And going #2 on the potty, forget about it. But I think there is hope. I just found a very interesting article at BabyCenter.com entitled "How can I encourage my preschooler to have a bowel movement on the potty, instead of in her diaper or training pants?"

I definitely had a few ah-ha moments while reading this article. For example, the author discusses something called a "toilet sit," which is basically a time when you have your child sit on the toilet just to get relaxed on the toilet, not necessarily to actually go.

I also found another great article called "Parents say: Toilet training tips." Check out this article for simple tricks that made potty training easier for other parents.

If knowledge is power, I feel at least more powerful than an ant...now!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...