photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

6 Minute Step Aerobics

With an infant in the house, I take a workout when I can get it...even if it is for a short period of time. With #1, I was able to exercise outside alot because he was born in the Spring. But having a baby in the winter limits your options.

So this is what I have been doing to get back into shape: the 6 minute step aerobics workout. I don't leave my house. I hold my infant the entire time. All you need is one step up in your house and you, too, can do this workout.

I was initially just looking for a way to get my baby to fall asleep, but when I started sweating (and feeling the burn!) I thought this would be a great little workout. Basically, all I do is continue going up and down one step until my baby has fallen asleep.

If you want to get fancy and target certain areas, you can do leg extensions and stuff like that, but a basic step up, step down will do the trick. Not to mention you are holding an extra 6-14 pound weight, so you are getting some decent resistance as well. To prevent back strain, you can put your infant in a baby carrier like the Baby Bjorn.

Try it, you might like the results!
Photos courtesy of meetup.com and gymboree.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...