photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Monday, January 28, 2008

NKOTB - A Reunion???

Okay, if you are a woman between the ages of 20 and 40 you should know what NKOTB stands for...yes, New Kids on the Block. Rumors have been swirling about a reunion of the boy band from the late eighties and early nineties, but if you visit their official website, NKOTB.com, it has now been updated with images and facts as to just how popular they were.

I guess they saw the money the Spice Girls are getting and thought "we might as well give it a try!" Even though the groups' members now range from 35 to 39, I am sure fans will still flock to see them. The question is, are they going to make new music or just play the old stuff? Either way, now that I am well over the legal drinking age, their old songs should sound even better.

Actually, back in 2004, we saw Jordan Knight perform solo at the House of Blues in Las Vegas. We were there for my girlfriend's (Liz) bachelorette party and coincidentally staying at The Hotel at Mandalay Bay (where the House of Blues is located). Since Jordan was the lead singer on most of the songs anyway, he sang quite a few of the New Kids songs, and my girlfriend was lucky enough to be asked up to the stage so he could sing to her since she was dressed in white bachelorette gear. (Lucky, lucky girl!) Needless to say, a few cocktails and I was doing the "Right Stuff" dance like it was nobody's business. (I also still know all the moves to "My Favorite Girl," not to brag or anything.)


So, if you are a fan or were once a fan, check out NKOTB.com...come on, you know you want to take a peek! If nothing else, it will be bring back fun memories from your youth and remind you why you were hesitant to like Backstreet Boys or N*Sync (because they were New Kids on the Block copy cats! Or maybe I was the only one that thought that!).

Photos courtesy of Starpulse.com

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Update...according to US magazine online, Danny Wood is denying any kind of reunion on his MySpace page...come on Danny, get with it!

Anonymous said...

I hope this is true! Joe was my favorite!

The Mrs. said...

I used to lOOOOOOOOOOOOve them!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG. I would be front row center (get back ladies) ... I LOVED NKOTB back in the day(Oh, I still do :-) !!!

Anonymous said...

It's Official! NKOTB is BACK! It's a Fact!
I always was in love with New Kids On The Block!
You can listen to their new song 'Click Click Click' at www.NKOTBReunion.com
They still sound great! I Hope their new CD sounds just as good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...