photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Can You Break Free of Your Cell Phone Carrier...Without a Fee?

In order to leave your cell phone carrier before your contract is up often requires promising your first born...well, you know what I mean. I just called my carrier last month to find out what I would have to pay to leave my plan 7 months before my contract is up...$250. Yeah, no thanks.
But according to Money Magazine(January 2008), Verizon has started to prorate the penalty for switching carriers. Instead of a flat fee of $200, the fee drops $5 every month of the contract (that only applies to subscribers after November 15, 2006). Supposedly, Alltel, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile plan to announce similar changes as well.

Of course, depending on your reasons for switching, you may be willing to pay your penalty fee and then some...but at least the companies are making it a little less painful to switch.

For the complete article, click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. I have been trying to break free from my cell phone carrier for quite some time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...