photo LeslieSwanhalfbannerad2014_zpsd588788a.jpg

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Get Ready to Wiggle!


On Sunday, we took our almost 2 year old to his first concert, The Wiggles. I must admit, I was probably more excited than my son considering that I know every word to every song they sing (and I like the songs, too!).

I have to say, they put on a great show. I was a bit skeptical after the lead singer had to retire due to a chronic condition, but his replacement, Sam Moran, does a great job. The funniest part of the show for me was my son looking at the stage, then looking at the TV screen, then back at the stage again trying to put it together that they were more than just on TV this time.

If your child/ren like The Wiggles, they have re-opened their website and have a fan club that you can enroll your child/ren in. You will receive concert information as well as other fun Wiggles stuff and information. I just signed my son up today, so I don't know exactly what you get, but since my son is a huge fan of The Wiggles, I figure he should be in the official fan club. (Oh yeah, and the fan club is free.)

And just so you know, I initially was unsure about my son liking The Wiggles. I thought, oh no, he is going to listen to Justin Timberlake and Gwen Stefani and that is all he will need. While he does kick his feet to their beats in his car seat, he doesn't jump around to either of those artists like he does The Wiggles. And besides, it's nice to step out of parenthood and just have good, clean fun with your kids.

Photo courtesy of TheWiggles.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greg retired!! Say it isn't so. I almost got free tickets to the wiggles for tonight from work. My kids have outgrownthem a little, but would still enjoy a lot as they watch occasionally. We saw them a couple years ago and enjoyed it very much. We were lucky to have Greg there that night as he just returned to the tour after attending to his mother, who was gravely ill. I'll take the wiggles over Rafi, anyday. It's music even we enjoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...